MCS Registration and Tuition Policy
- Early (online) registration. Parents are encouraged to complete early (online) registration. As an incentive, a registration fee of $10 is waived if online registration is completed by the due time. The early registration is closed 3 days before the first day of school.
- A fee of $10 is required for any on-site registration.
2. Tuition. If you enroll in the middle of the semester, you need to pay full tuition if you enroll before the 8th Chinese class or the 7th elective class. After that, pay 50% of the full tuition.
3. Payment. Balance due to the school has to be paid in full before your child can attend any class.
- For regular 12 to 15 session classes, students can get full refund after the first session, 75% after the 2nd session, 50% after the 3rd session and no refund after the 4th session.
- For classes with fewer sessions, only 1 free trial and 50% for the second trial.Class changes. You need to notify the school admin before Wednesday following your trial class. Changing classes is considered dropping one class and adding another one. Changing from one Chinese class to another Chinese class is not considered class change.
Memphis Chinese School 孟菲斯中文学校 – Highland 校区
Code of Conduct for Parents and Students
1. You have to agree to the terms and sign the Code of Conduct for Parents and Students before your kid(s) can be admitted to the Memphis Chinese School (MCS) – Highland.
2. Memphis Chinese School is a non-profit organization. All parents voluntarily send their child(ren) to Memphis Chinese School and waive all liability claims against the Memphis Chinese School, its volunteer personnel and its host facilities Highland Church of Christ at 400 N Houston Levee Road, Cordova TN) for any injury, accidents or other unexpected incidents during the school hours or school activities outside school hours.
3. For regular 13 to 15 session classes, students can get full refund after the first session, 75% after the 2nd session, 50% after the 3rd session and no refund after the 4th session. For classes with fewer sessions, only 1 free trial and 50% for the second trial. Only for very special situation, can this rule be adjusted.
4. Drop off and pick up children in the designated classroom on time.
5. Remind children to take good care of Highland Church facility and not touch any Highland Church belongings without permission.
6. Parents are responsible for their children’s study at home. Parents should help and monitor the children to complete homework, test preparation and other assigned activities. Parents are encouraged to contact the teacher or principal about their children’s study.
7. Parents have rights to raise concerns or suggestions for teaching and school management. Please send your opinions to school administration team or board members. At the same time, parents are encouraged to volunteer for school work.
家长姓名 (正楷) ____________________
Keeping our Children Safe
1. No running in hall ways.
2. No playing in cabinets
3. No standing on furniture.
4. Children cannot be left alone in a classroom unattended.
5. Children must be supervised on the playground by an adult.
6. Adults must monitor the halls between classes.
7. Students must be picked up by an adult immediately following class. Students should not be hanging out in hallways and in lobby unattended.
8. Students should not touch or disturb items in the classrooms.
9. Students must not throw mulch on the playground.
10. Students should not put hands in fish tank or in bird cage.
11. Students should not bang the doors open as they head outside. Again, they should be accompanied by a parent before going outside.
12. Students should only enter rooms that are open and attended by an adult.