MCS Weekly Message 08/18/2017
- 所有课程都可继续注册，请尽量事先在网上注册，也可中文学校现场咨询注册。 具体课程可见此。
- 钢琴课。本学期的音乐课为钢琴入门课，教师Patsy Lane具有多年的 儿童音乐教学经验，将引领儿童入门钢琴和音乐。老师将带键盘让学生 有机会实践，学生最好自己带键盘，以获得更好体验。
- 武术课。武术老师常桂玲是经过选拔、由国家公派的优秀教师，有着丰富 的经验。常老师自幼习武，善于长拳，翻子拳，太极拳，刀，枪，剑，棍， 九节鞭等武术套路。曾在国际武术比赛获得双鞭、翻子拳两项冠军。先后 参加全国武术锦标赛、冠军赛、邀请赛三十多场比赛，多次获得全国武术 冠军，并多次评为全国优秀运动员，体育道德风尚奖等荣誉。今年5月作为 裁判参加第八届美国国际武术锦标赛（The 8th US International Wushu-Kungfu Tournament USA WKF National Wushu Team Trials）。 为满足学生们不同的课程安排，我校安排了两个武术班：3:30-4:30 pm 和4:30-5:30 pm，武术班适合各个年龄，请大家根据自己的时间选课。
Dear MCS Community:
All the Chinese and elective classes will meet this Sunday afternoon.
- All the elective classes will start this Sunday afternoon.
- You can register classes in MCS online or on site Sunday afternoon.
- Some elective classes start 1:30 pm, so please come early if you attend those classes.
- Please get your checks or cash ready for the registration.
- Introduction to the Piano. This would be an introduction to piano for those who do not already take piano lessons. In the hour, each child could have limited time on our keyboard, and we could supply cardboard learning keyboards along with piano books to be used as we are teaching the class. Skills for performance would be encouraged as well as practicing at home would be expected. Students could also bring their keyboards if they happen to own one to help in a situation like this. Ms. Patsy Lane and Miss Charlotte Lane have years of teaching experience for both includes multiple ages in classroom settings and private lessons.
- Kung-Fu. Ms. Chang is currently a visiting scholar in University of Memphis Confucius Institute. She holds a faculty position in Kung Fu at Xi’an Finance and Economics College, Xi’an, China. She won many champions and numerous awards in international and national Kung Fu competitions between 1985 and 1994 in China. She also obtained several teaching awards due to her excellence in teaching Kung Fu. She is the judge for the 8th US International Wushu-Kungfu Tournament USA WKF National Wushu Team Trials. There are two Kung-Fu sessions: 3:30-4:30 pm and 4:30-5:30 pm. Both classes are suitable for all ages. Please select the one that fits your schedule.
MCS Weekly Message 08/10/2017
Highland中文学校教授完整的马立平中文课程，从幼儿班到七年级。 辅导课有对外汉语、英文写作、数学、代数、以及ACT/SAT/PSAT培训； 兴趣班有画画、雕塑、音乐、围棋、舞蹈、武术、瑜伽、演讲、电脑编程等， 这些课程将尽可能开发儿童智力，让学生德智体美劳全面发展！具体课程可见此。
本周日下午只有中文课上课，开课时间2:30 pm。现场注册从1:30pm开始。 请将您的注册信息打印出来交到注册台。学费支付方式为支票或现金。 请准备好，以方便工作人员为您服务。
Dear MCS Community:
MCS will start its Fall Semester 2017 this Sunday afternoon (8/13). We are
excited about the new school year! For those who have not registered for
classes, I urge you to register by Friday 8/11/2017 to get the early
registration rate. For registration, click here.
This semester the MCS offers Heritage Chinese from Pre-K through Grade 7. We also offer Chinese as Second Language classes for children and adults. Tutorial classes include English Essay Writing, Math, Algebra, and ACT/SAT/PSAT preparation. Enrichment classes include art, sculpture, music, Go, Yoga, dance, Kung Fu, public speaking, and computer programming. These courses will explore children’s talent and support their personal, social and academic growth. For course information, please check here.
On Sunday 8/13, only Chinese classes meet and classes start 1:30 pm. On-site registration will start 1:30 pm in the commons area. Please print out your registration summary sheet and bring it to the registration desk. For payments, we only accept checks or cash.
MCS Weekly Message 08/03/2017
学校的网站在持续更新中，老师和课程简介大多已经列在学校网， 学校一贯重视教学质量，我们的老师都具备教学或实际考试经验，学校采用小班教学， 以保证学生的最大收益。
我们特意在学校网站上设置了一个学生荣誉网页来列出中文学校在学和往届学生的成就。 我特请大家提交2017年的成就，包括（不限于）：（1）各类考试和比赛中获奖情况； （2）被大学录取；（3）新闻报导；（4）期刊和会议论文发表。
Dear MCS Community:
We are approaching the Fall Semester 2017. The first day of Fall 2017
will be Sunday 8/13/2017. As a reminder, please check the school’s
I encourage you to
register by Friday 8/11/2017 to get the early registration rate.
Register for classes here.
Please browse our school’s website for any useful information: MemphisChineseSchool.com. We are adding more information about courses, teachers’ qualifications, and Chinese learning materials. We have qualified teachers and small classes to maximize the teaching effectiveness.
We have reserved a web page to showcase the achievements MCS students and alumni have earned. I ask you to submit short descriptions in English any MCS students and alumni earned in 2017. Examples of achievements include but are not limited to: (1) awards, prizes, and scores in tests, exams, and/or competitions; (2) admissions to colleges and universities; (3) recognitions and media reports; and (4) publications in journals or conference proceedings.
MCS Weekly Message 08/01/2017
- 注册课程时请选择“Fall 2017”；
Dear MCS Community:
I hope the summer months were enjoyable and productive. As we move into a new academic year, I have the following announcements:
- MCS Fall 2017 semester will start Sunday 8/13/2017. See calendar .
- Course schedules are listed at here.
- Registration is now open at: here.
- Please carefully read the Registration and Tuition Policy.
- When register for classes, please select “Fall 2017” semester.
- You have to agree to MCS Code of Conduct before you can register courses.
- I encourage parents to register early. The registration fee is $10 by Friday 8/11/2017, and $20 on or after Saturday 8/12/2017.
- Course schedules and rooms may change. Courses are subject to cancelation depending on the teachers’ availability or student numbers.
I wish you the best for the new academic year and want to say thank you for your hard work and dedication to our students and our community.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.
Warm Regards,贾纯荣 Chunrong Jia, Ph.D.
Memphis Chinese School
400 N. Houston Levee Road
Cordova, TN 38018